Oakfield Building Chartered Surveyors

What is the party wall act?

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 is a legal act that requires owners of properties who wish to carryout building works to notify the neighbours. The neighbours then have the opportunity to dissent to the notice. One or two surveyors will then settle the dispute through a party wall award. The essence of the act is to reduce the likelihood of damage occurring to neighbours’ properties and can be used to resolve disputes

Share this article:
Please fill out the form below and we will come back to you.

Alternatively please call us on 01494 926326.

One of our team of professionals would be delighted to help you with any queries.